Terrible 2s!
Somewhat "inspired" by Jo's post haha....but seriously, I'm starting to crumble under the severe lack of sleep these days! No thanks to Kae's terrible horrible display of crankiness or shall I term all these as terrible 2s!
She seem to hate sleep time at nights and will scream her head off whenever i try to turn off the lights. So, i resort to leaving the light on but dat's not all. She will scream "Out" each time sleep time is nearing. She's ok to watch tv in the bedroom, or play with her toys or read some books on the bed BUT once she sense we're trying to settle her down to sleep, she'll start screaming her head off and demand I carry her out. Even when I "pretend" to sleep and lie down on the bed, she will come over and pull my hair and try to yank my shoulders up to get me up to a sitting position. And the moment I hear the word "OUT", my heart juz instantly sank into a bottomless pit. Sian-ness! And it's an endless cycle EVERY SINGLE nite. I'll hv to carry her out to the living room and sit on the sofa, with her clinged onto me like a koala bear. She refuse to even let me lie down on the sofa and attempt any other position other than sit upright! Aiyo, then how I try to rest my eyes and tired body? This can go on until she finally fall asleep at nearly 1+am and by the time I can finally get some sleep, I need to wake up to get ready for work oredi!!!
During the day, she'll also refuse to nap, refuse to drink water, refuse to eat. All these are partly due to her being unwell still (evil cough) but why doesnt she seem to understand any single thin when I try to reason with her?! Comments from mum and MIL are that, she constantly wants to go "gai gai" during the day and she will scream and shout until her 'wish' is granted. Each time I return to MIL hse, my FIL will tell mi "ur gal is SO fierce!' Sighz...she's a tiger at hm but...a mouse outside lor! At playgroup, she'll cling on to me like super glue. Even if she's interested in any activities, she will die die oso find a finger on my hand to cling on to and drag me along. She just doesnt dare to go ahead herself and scramble among other kids.
Sighz...and not to mention, I myself hvnt been feeling well lately and it's really pure torture to entertain such tantrums from Kae at the same time. In the wee hours of Monday morning, I was hving severe diarrhoea BUT still, I hv to pat Kae to sleep on the sofa in the living room. Hahh...where else? And the moment Kae closes her eyes, i need to rush to the toilet. And while I'm in the toilet, Kae will start to whimper and when no one attends to her, she starts to cry outloud! I need to hurriedly rush out from the toilet and pacify her again and the moment she closes her eyes, i need to rush to toilet again. Imagine this routine happening repeatedly for at least 5-6 times until i really buay tahan. All these happened while hub is peacefully sleeping in the bedroom with aircon (and hence, cant hear kae's cries i guess)! I went to call hub up and guess wat, he didnt even stir. I need to literally kick him up (I'm oredi thoroughly exhausted and exasperated and irritated) and get him to help out! Cldnt help lashing out at him and guess wat is his response? He said I didnt tell him my diarrhoea is so serious. Hmm.....do I need to refer him to the dictionary to check out the definition of diarrhoea?
Haiz..I also know it's not that he doesnt want to help out. He was working on shift the whole of Sunday from 2 - 9pm and Kae also only want me and not him. BUT still, it does really help alot more if he juz show abit more appreciation & concern on the effort I've been spending on a cranky Kae. Even if I've got to sit on the sofa with Kae while feeling extremely tired and sleepy and grumpy, it helps that he sits down beside me. At least when I need smth, help can be rendered immediately eg. hanky to wipe Kae's sweat or smth. Anything is better than just knowing he's comfortably zzing on bed in aircon while I'm sweating it out in the living room with a angry bb. I'll feel ultra imbalanced leh..... s.i.g.h.z....z....z......
And this morning, I almoz cldnt make it to work. Kae woke up at 5+am and the first word uttered is "Out". My heart sank again. I hvnt had enuff sleep yet! She started to throw tantrum again and oki, i carried her out to the sofa yet again. Fast forward....630am oredi. She refuse to let go off me. And it's finally hub's turn to feel gan jiong haha coz he didnt want to be late for work. But no matter what we do, she still refuse to let go off me. No choice. Hub got to snatch her over while i make a dash to the showers. All the while when I'm showering and getting ready, I can hear Kae's LOUD screams and shouts and cries outside. She cried until her voice got hoarse and until her hacking cough started all over again and I can hear hub repeating "dun puke dun puke". Sighz..... End up, hub had a souvenir from Kae for "preventing" her access to mummy. A red scratch across his face. haaa =p Tiny one lah!

No comments:
Post a Comment