The Big 3-0
Gosh....nvr really fancy celebrating burfdays ever since I turn 21 haha.... and ever since I started work, burfday is juz a nice excuse to take leave and rest and pamper oneself! This time round, to signify the BIG 3, i took 3 days of leave in a row! ahaha....eeks...of coz not la.... I'm juz trying to clear my leave and wat is a better excuse than this?!! At least pple ard me wldnt start questioning... oh u took so many leaves? gng overseas? no? then take for wat? bleh.... the place where i am...yesh...it sux. And if I dont go overseas for hol, i can definitely expect some unwanted calls which will totally spoil my day.... It's bad when you're on leave and when the phone rings or beep, ur heart skips a beat coz u're worried the call or msg is from that dreaded place.
OH NO....i'm indeed getting old! ahaha....wat a better way to start such a post by grumbling so much!!! i realli didnt realise it =p oh well, nvrtheless, I've a great time chilling out on that special day! Thanks to DD...heh... I've originally though that little Kae will join us for the day but oops....DD hv other plans! I was bz at work on Mon when I suddenly got a call from my spa place. They're confirming my appt for massage on Tues....and i went "gasp"! haha....DD has went ahead to bk a couple spa for us! Instantly, i felt dat "awww...he's so sweet" but then, it's a little ironic coz..... dat spa package is mine aniwei! AHAHAHA.....DD is juz helping us make the bking! hee hee...but it's the thought that counts la! We started the day by sleeping in till 8am (which is such a luxury on a wkday). Kae did a massive poo! Cleaned her up, get dressed and dropped her off at PIL place by 930am. Went to Vivo with the intention of hving dim sum breakkie and catching "Time traveller's wife". But aiyo... on a wkday..none of the eateries are open for breakkie!!! They're only opened at 11am for lunches! Sobz...so end up, we had breakkie at Long JOhn.....and.... it.....sux! bleh! But the movie is realli nice! A very endearing love story. I had wanted to buy the bk initially but I got forewarned that the bk is definitely gng to be nicer than the movie. So I decided to catch the show first. Aniwei, i'm oso currently still trying to finish the bk "Kite-runner". But end up, DD got me the bk as a pressie! He's exceeding expectations oredi by getting a prezzie (not expecting any haha) and wats more...the bk i wanted! haha. . .gd..he has been paying attn... muahah! Poor him..he said dat this bk is totally sold out at Vivo Page One. But luckily, he manage to get 1 from Times at Marina.
After the movie, we went to town to jalan abit and then proceed to our massage. The hydrobath is so relaxing and the lady massaging me was super gd!! Thereafter, we went Far east to shop a little while more and then went off to PIL place to pick little Kae up for dinner!
All-in-all, it's a really nice day. I wish we can do this more often! But then again, as i pass by all the tai-tais with their strollers and bbs, I started to miss Kae....boohoo! haha....wat an irony!
The only unpleasant thin that happened was the day before (Mon), my transfer is finally announced and I'm so so so totally pissed with my soon-to-be-ex dept now. And i totally didnt realise i'm pretty obvious in my 'unhappiness' in a little farewell 'speech' I was made to say, until a colleague commented. Oh well, sama sama la. Mgmt is oso pretty 'cold' in announcing my 'departure'. haha... gdness knows what that 'iron lady' is thinking but i'm so totally digusted with her right now and do really hope our path nvr ever cross again. Wat I can do now....is to look forward to my new challenges w/o looking back! Everyone hv been telling me dat it's a gd move and how much better off I'll soon be... and dats reassuring & I do believe dat myself too...but it makes more difference when pple say it to you =)
Helps to put out alittle of the fumes and fire within me as well...haha...oh well...

No comments:
Post a Comment